Lightest engine in class
- Honda tough - Made from high quality materials and purpose-built components that ensure reliable long-term use
- High performance - Best in class offering plenty of power and torque
- Easy starting - Easy, reliable starting with the enhanced Auto Choke Comfort System
- Low maintenance - Low fuel and oil consumption and easy service and maintenance
- Efficient combustion - The OHV design with Honda Combustion Technology for a more efficient combustion
- Quality Materials - High quality materials and purpose-built components ensure reliable long term use
- Innovative styling - New standard top cover
- Easy Use - Soft tone noise and reduced vibration
Honda’s GCV engines are ideal for domestic use as they’re the lightest engine in their class. Often used for residential lawnmowers and pressure washers, the GCV200 engine is sure to pack a punch no matter how they’re used around the home. The GCV200 is pumped with power and torque for your domestic applications!
Over Head Valve engines (OHV)
As the name implies, Over Head Valve engines (OHV) have the valves located above the combustion chamber, in the roof of the cylinder head. The Over Head Valve layout permits smoother fuel mixture intake, plus quicker and more complete exhaust. This increased combustion efficiency, in turn, enables a higher compression ratio to be used. In this way it is possible to obtain a greater power output and to avoid the build-up of carbon. The OHV-design gives also an excellent thermal balance, which contributes to reduced cylinder distortion, a decrease in oil consumption and an increase in engine service life.
Auto Choke Comfort System
The ‘Auto Choke Comfort System’ has been enhanced by optimized location of the wax element for better heat transfer and a simpler structure, providing easy and reliable starting in all conditions.
Honda Combustion Technology
The combination of ‘long stroke’, optimized shape of the combustion chamber and ‘V-shaped’ valve layout provides more efficient combustion and better ability to cope with ‘low quality fuel’
YOUR ENGINE IN DETAIL
4-stroke single cylinder
OHV petrol engine
|Bore & Stroke||
66 x 59 mm
8.0 : 1
4.2 kW ( 5.6 HP ) / 3600 rpm
|Continuous Rated Power||
2.8 kW ( 3.8 HP ) / 3000 rpm
|Max Net Torque||
12.7 Nm ( 1.30 kgfm ) / 2500 rpm
|Fuel Consumption at Rated Power||
1.4 L/h - 3000 rpm
|Fuel Tank Capacity||
415 x 330 x 359 mm
the honda advantage
2 year domestic warranty
Honda's leading range of power equipment comes with leading warranty periods. Our range of GCV engines carrying up to a 2 year domestic warranty*.
With regular servicing by a Honda authorised dealer, using only Honda Genuine Parts and Accessories, your Honda product will work hard around your home for many years.
Find more details on Honda's warranties and the warranty schedule on our warranty page.
Ready to take the next step towards your Honda engine? With our nationwide network of dealers, from the far north to the deep south and everywhere in between. You can purchase online, or enquire now for more information on Honda Engines.